You are an experienced subject matter expert from the Capital Projects & Infrastructure; Chemicals; Energy & Mining; Engineering & Construction; Industrial Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Power & Utilities; and/or Transportation & Logistics industries. You have transitioned that expert knowledge and those skills into becoming an energetic, passionate trainer who excels at teaching instructor-led courses for medium to large corporate groups, focused on Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Commissioning (EPCC) business and industry skills and concepts. You have exceptional communication skills in both English and Chinese and work well with people at all levels, adapt your teaching and communication strategies based on your audience.
You follow the given training curriculum and work closely with the instructional designer to help enhance and improve courses. You are meticulous, ensuring all classroom logistics are properly coordinated and handled for all venues. You possess strong organizational, planning, and motivational skills and share them enthusiastically, with a positive, infectious attitude. You are excited when the “light bulb” comes on for students and they gain useful knowledge. You are confident to share what you know and humble to learn what you don’t.
You will work closely with other colleagues in China and throughout the world, so you need to be a strong team player, vocal and have the ability to self-manage. You will be located in either Beijing or Shanghai.
- Bring your expertise, knowledge, and unique point of view and share it with your team.
- Effectively teach instructor-led, interactive business process/concept classes, deploying a variety of teaching methods
- Be recognized by clients as a subject matter expert within a specific EPCC discipline or disciplines
- Research lessons and client companies prior to training to get a deeper understanding of how they will use the materials.
- Deliver various interactive course activities / examinations to a diverse audience in both English and Chinese.
- Create / deliver training certificates to eligible students after the completion of each course.
- Ensure professional, polished deliverables are presented to our clients and internal employees
- Liaise with clients once classes are scheduled, to manage training logistics and printing / binding / distribution of materials
- Assist instructional designer in updating course materials as adjustments are needed
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in the Capital Projects & Infrastructure; Chemicals; Energy & Mining; Engineering & Construction; Industrial Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Power & Utilities; and/or Transportation & Logistics industries
- 3-4 years of relevant experience teaching instructor-led business process/concept classes in a corporate environment
- Excellent communication skills. You are confident, clear, succinct and courteous.
- Ability to travel frequently to perform on-site training at client locations throughout China and potentially other East Asia countries
- Ability to explain complex topics in a variety of ways to successfully impart knowledge to a variety of audiences
- Proficient in MS Office (especially PowerPoint)
- Phenomenal communication, presentation, facilitation and public speaking skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making abilities
- Ability to motivate others, staying patient and up-beat
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques
- Strong understanding of the typical phases of a construction project life cycle such as planning/estimating, work / resource breakdown structures, engineering, pre-construction, strategic sourcing, vendor procurement, construction, commissioning, contract administration/assurance, scheduling, scope management, change control, quality management, risk management, progress reporting, and project / financial closeout.
- Dynamic personality, comfortable working in an ever changing, fluid environment
- Strong team player with the ability to self-manage
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical or Industrial preferred), Construction Management, Business or other related field from an accredited institution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Mandarin is a must (speak, read, write, translate).
- CET 8,IELTS 7, TOFFL 90 or more than 1 year oversea study/working experience, or equivalent level
GOOD TO HAVE
- Prior experience with development and oversight of project execution plans, bid management, and safety management processes and practices
- Understanding of various project management and enterprise asset management systems such as SAP®, Primavera Enterprise™, Prolog™, Maximo™, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS™), etc.
- Understanding of the execution or management of contract audits, compliance reviews, implementation of corrective action plans, and project oversight, monitoring, and assurance functions for large construction projects
- Understanding of contingency modeling, cash flow forecasts, cost/managerial accounting, and cost to complete forecasting
- Understanding of schedule compression and integration, schedule analytics, quantitative risk analysis, risk and variability assessments, and benchmarking tools and techniques
- Experience developing training content and/or technical writing is a plus
- Possessing related industry licenses or certifications are a plus.
- Experience writing/using e-learning courses is a plus