Our client is one of the market leaders in the Cybersecurity space. Cloud solution is their new offering that provides customers of all sizes with a cloud-native, SaaS solution to protect privileged access in their organization.
- Work closely with the customer throughout the full deployment life cycle as the primary point of contact during planning, deployment, and post implementation and responsible for the delivery and ongoing success of the product. Besides planning, deploying, responsible for consulting, expanding, and securing the customer's environment using the service.
- Acted as the trusted expert and advisor for customers and executive sponsors to drive product adoption and to ensure that the company offerings are utilized to its full business value. Also act as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product.
- Plan and oversee the execution of the privileged access management program, created and customized according to the customer's needs for ensuring the success in meeting the customer's Privilege Access Management goals.
- Guide the customer through both Privilege Access Management and Security best practices aimed at rapid risk reduction in the Customer Environment.
- Monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends, provide recommendations based on risk and customers’ needs. Through usage and adoption analysis drive renewal of subscription, expansion, and product improvement.
- Collaborate with internal R&D and Product Management teams on service usage, user experience, automation, and other topics, influencing the product roadmap
- Deploy and configure with the customer the On-Premises Components, and integrate the service with the customer's environment
- Assume overall customer adoption responsibility and act as a critical issue management role and assist the customers with service requests and technical issues.
- Experience with Active Directory and IDP systems in Enterprise environments
- Experience setting up and installing enterprise grade software on both Windows and Unix platforms.
- More than 8 years of professional work experience as part of an enterprise software company or systems integrator
- More than 2 years of experience at a SaaS or security vendor in a consultancy or customer success role
- A wide understanding of technologies and technical disciplines, including databases, networking, systems administration, application development, and information security
- Ability to understand critical issues and bring appropriate resolution to complex problems and anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
- Ability to understand Enterprise customers and their drives for success
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate to different target audiences Security+, or similar security certifications preferred